The Future School Masterclass
In our transforming world, how will schools respond to the new challenges?
Join three exceptional, dynamic and inspiring educational innovators from international exemplar schools and take a deep dive into the ‘how to’ of future-focused school transformation, at the Future School Masterclass.
About the Masterclass
The Future School Masterclass is a new initiative of the Australian Learning Lecture (ALL). It will immediately follow ALL’s 2020 biennial lecture, The Future School, to be delivered on Thursday 19 March 2020 by Valerie Hannon, internationally recognised education expert and global thought leader. Valerie will identify the principles that are critical to the development of a ‘future school’ and these principles will be reflected in the Masterclass program.
Kiran Bir Sethi, Director, Riverside School, Ahmedabad India
Kiran founded The Riverside School in Ahmedabad, India in 2001. Designed as a Laboratory to enable "transformative" student learning experiences, Riverside has designed, implemented and is sharing a user-centred curriculum that provides schools with an alternative model that focuses on quality of learning AND student well-being. Under the leadership of Kiran, the school has regularly been honoured worldwide for its academic achievement as well as its unique philosophy of 'Doing Good AND Doing Well'.
Saba Ghole, NuVu Studio, Massachusetts USA
Saba Ghole is the Co-founder and Chief Creative Officer of NuVu Studio. In 2010, she co-founded NuVu Studio, an innovation school for middle and high school students. NuVu's pedagogy is based on the architectural Studio model and geared around multi-disciplinary, collaborative projects. NuVu is based in Cambridge, USA, but its programs expand to cities around the world.
Rachel Skiffer, Khan Lab School, California USA
Rachel Skiffer is Head of School at Khan Lab School in the USA. KLS is a non-profit, independent, co-ed school for ages 5 - 18+ founded in 2014 by Salman “Sal” Khan, founder of Khan Academy and author of The One World Schoolhouse: Education Reimagined. KLS is a model for innovation in education: academic progress is decoupled from age with every student expected to demonstrate mastery before moving on. Learning time is variable, but the depth of mastery is constant.
A hands-on program
- The Masterclass will explore how change can happen at a school and system level, informed by expert practitioners who have successfully re-invented traditional learning;
- Three hands-on Masterclass sessions, each of 75 minutes’ duration, and limited to 30 people per session, will allow for direct engagement with each Masterclass presenter;
- Participants will be equipped with practical strategies and models that can be used in their own schools to guide transformation.
Read more about the Masterclass here: The Future School Masterclass
A ‘must attend’ for school leaders and education policy makers!
- Actively engage with exceptional school leaders from three international exemplar schools and explore how to transform your school into a future school;
- Take a ‘deep dive’ into the ‘how to’ of future-focused school transformation, sharing discussion in small groups with other school leaders and those interested in educational innovation;
- Learn about practical tools and strategies to support school transformation.